4 Things to Add To Your Daily Routine To Help with Weight Loss
Jun 07, 2021
You asked… and I answered! Here’s some simple things that you can structure into your day to help with weight loss.
- Drink more water. Sounds simple, but many people consume more calories than they need per day from beverages such as energy drinks, fruit juices, and sports drinks. Omitting “liquid calories” can have a major impact on weight loss.
- Manage stress. Unmanaged stress can lead to overeating or “emotional eating”. When we are under stress our bodies release cortisol, our fight or flight hormone. Cortisol makes our bodies more insulin resistant and blocks the process responsible for fat burning.
- Elevate your heart rate. Aim to do some sort of activity each day at an elevated heart rate for at least 20 mins. A brisk walk, taking the stairs, playing a favorite sport are all good ways to do this.
- Eat more. Yes, that’s right I said eat MORE. Many people don’t eat enough or frequently enough. This can force your body into “starvation mode” which goes way back to our hunter/gatherer ancestors. Essentially, if you don’t eat enough the body holds on to all calories that you consume as fat. Eating frequently will let your body know that there is an abundance of food and that it is ok to use the calories that are stored on the body as fat.
...plus one bonus tip!
- Eat in a way that keeps blood sugar stable. Eating foods that cause spikes in blood sugar create an insulin response in non diabetics and require injections in T1D’s. When excess insulin is present in the body, the fat burning process (lipolysis) is unable to function.
Get in touch to find out how my 21-Day Transformation program can help you to lose weight, lower blood sugar, and live better!
Here's to your success,
Are You Ready To Lower Blood Sugar, Lose Weight, and Live Better?
Book a free consultation and let's chat about your current frustrations, goals, and assess your immediate needs.