This beautiful salad has such gorgeous colors, it’s like a painting! And it’s very good for you. Beets are a great source of antioxidants that help reduce the risk of cancer. They are also a great source of folate, magnesium, and potassium. Just remember to wear gloves when you work with beets, or your hands will be stained red for days!
4 large beets
1⁄2 cup water
1 head cauliflower
1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1/2 tablespoon honey
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
6 cups mixed salad greens
1⁄2 cup toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sliced fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place beets in a baking dish. Add water, cover
tightly, and bake for about 65–75 minutes or until a knife slides
easily into a beet. Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
2. When beets are cool, peel them and cut into 1⁄2" cubes. Set aside.
3. Break the cauliflower into florets and set aside.
4. In salad bowl, combine olive oil, shallot, red wine vinegar, coconut
milk, honey, salt, and pepper and mix well. Add greens and toss to
5. Add beets and toss to coat.
6. Top with cauliflower florets, seeds, and basil and serve immediately.
Nutritional Info per Serving
Net Carbs: 5g
Book a free consultation and let's chat about your current frustrations, goals, and assess your immediate needs.