Are they cookies or are they healthy fat bombs? Both!
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 egg white
¼ cup erythritol
½ tsp. almond extract
1-ounce 90% dark chocolate
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1. Bake coconut on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet at 350°F for 5 minutes or until toasted.
2. Beat the egg until it doubles in size. Incorporate erythritol, salt and almond extract little by little, while continuing to mix.
3. Add the toasted coconut and mix well.
4. Pack little balls of the mixture into a 1½” ice cream scoop, then place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
5. Melt the chocolate together with the coconut oil. You can do this in the microwave: heat for 10-second intervals until melted.
6. When the macaroons are done, drizzle each one of them with the chocolate.
Nutritional Info per Serving
Net Carbs: 1g
Here's to your success,
"The Diabetic Fighter"
Nutrition Coach & Blood Sugar Control Specialist
Type 1 Diabetic
Book a free consultation and let's chat about your current frustrations, goals, and assess your immediate needs.