Looking for a low-carb replacement for french fries? Eggplant is one of my favorite substitutions for potatoes!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
4 medium eggplants
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
1 cup ground flaxseed (or powder if you can find)
4 tsp basil
4 tsp oregano
4 large free-range eggs
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Place flax in a blender and pulse until powdered.
2. Mix parmesan, flax, and dried herbs in a bowl.
3. Crack the eggs into a (separate) bowl and whisk with a pinch of salt.
4. Slice eggplant into fries, sprinkle with sea salt, and set aside for 20 mins. Tap off excess water using a paper towel.
5. Dip each fry into the dry mixture, then into the egg mix, and then back into the dry mixture again.
6. Place the eggplant fries on a cooking tray lined with parchment paper and arrange them in a single layer with space between each fry.
7. Spray with coconut oil cooking spray and back for approx. 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutritional Info per Serving
Net Carbs: 8.3g
Book a free consultation and let's chat about your current frustrations, goals, and assess your immediate needs.